Monday, April 21, 2014

Holla fo new adventures!

April 21, 2014
Well this week was crazy. Yesterday at about 4 in the afternoon the assistants call me to tell me I have transfers and I have to be in Xela today at 9 AM.But they wouldnt tell me where I was going or with who. I didn't feel sad at all, I think its cause i was shocked because I had emergency transfers. Anyways, I get here at 9 am and they are like here is your new comp, hna Jansen, and your a hermana leader. So that threw me for a loop. I'm tryin to convince myself that being a leader doesn't mean anything. And i'm actually kinda dissapointed cause i really wanted to train. And I only have 8 months in the mission and I am soooooo not ready for this but it's whatever. 
We had a baptism this week! But I will tell you it was with a looooot of faith and sacrifice. We went to Talmiche Thursday to talk to Oliver, he's 15 years old, and he told us that his dad told him that morning that he no longer has permission to be baptized. Well like a couple minutes later the dad came home. He sat on the bed across from us and started telling us that he doesn't give his son permission because we went over his head and blah blah blah and then he started yelling at us and his mom was there and she started telling him to stop yelling at us and then they started fighting and mind you we just sat there not saying a single word this whole time. then his mom was like you need to stop fighting with the hnas and he was like you want me to fight with them, i'll take out my pistol and give them two bullets that's fighting with them...soooo that was our key to leave. Oliver was crying by this point and his dad turned to him and told him to stop crying and be a man cause only girls cry. Then we got up and left. It was horrid. Then Oliver called us the next morning to tell us that they talked to his dad and he has permission. So the baptism happened and it was soooooooo good. 
Semana Santa was this week and pretty much Jesus Christ was not mentioned once. Everyone just leaves on vacation and really there was like no one to visit. 
Dad's pills are money. I'm all better almost. 
Love you all! 
Love, Kelci 
Oliver's baptism
 
*****UPDATE*****
While we were email chatting with Kelci, she received a phone call to report to the Mission Office at 8:30 tonight (Monday, 4/14) because she is being transferred (again!) tomorrow!  The first emergency transfer was the result of a sister getting sent home.  Going to have to wait a week to find out about this 2nd one! Kelci has never been one to have a dull life.

No comments:

Post a Comment